What We Believe
We practice and follow the core beliefs of Christianity and Baptist Doctrines
Greater Galilee Missionary Baptist Church is a company of regenerated persons; baptized on a profession of faith in Christ; united in covenant for worship, instruction, practicing Christ's ordinances and other services as the gospel requires. We recognize and accept Christ as our supernatural Lord and Lawgiver, taking His word as our only sufficient rule of faith and practice in all matters of conscience and religion.
(Click on Scripture to read reference)
- We believe the whole Bible and accept nothing but the Bible as our guide in matters of faith and practice. ( II Tim. 3:15-17)
- We believe in One Lord, One Faith and One Baptism. (Eph. 4:5)
- We believe that salvation is wholly of God, (John 1:12-13) that we are saved by grace and not of works, (Eph. 2:8,9) and that the two conditions of salvation are Repentance and Faith. (Luke 13:3, John 3:15)
- We believe that the Salvation of God is eternal. (John 3:16)
- We believe in the Second Coming of Christ, (Acts 1:11); the immortality of the human soul, (Gen. 2:7, 1 Cor. 15: 53-55); the resurrection of the body, (1 Cor. 15:44); the final judgement of a just God, and the never ending punishment of sinners and the eternal bliss of the saints. (Matt. 25:34-46)
- We believe in a regenerated membership. (John 3:3; Acts 2:41-47)
- We believe the Church has a Spiritual head and founder - Christ is its only head and He has found only one Church. (Matt. 16:18; Col. 1:18)
- We believe in promoting the rights of the individual; First, we may seek God for ourselves. (Acts 17:27) Second, everyone must repent for himself. (Acts 17:30) Third, everyone must confess for himself. (Rom. 10: 9-10) Fourth, everyone must report to God for himself. (Rom. 14: 11-12)
- We believe in the democracy of a church (every member equal); (Matt. 20:24-28; Matt. 23:5-8).
- We believe leaders (Ministers, Pastors, Reverends) are equal in rank and are never to exercise authority over one another never to be called Master or Father (Pope) Matt. 23:8-12).
- We accept as church ordinances only those things ordered by Jesus Christs which symbolize the death, burial and resurrection of Christ, namely-Baptism and the Lord's Supper. (Rom. 6:3-5, I Cor. 11:23-26)
We Believe the Holy Bible is the inspired word of God and the basis for any statement of faith. We bond ourselves together as a body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ. Personally committed and sharing the "Gospel of Salvation" to lost souls.
Greater Galilee Missionary Baptist Church: Click here for Articles of Faith